Thursday, June 25, 2009

The way of the OBI


Yeah. So this is what I SHOULD be doing... Working on my obi belts. Instead I'm puttering around tripping out that the King of Pop died.

Anyway, I'm not going to start a tirade about Jackson and tell you all about my silver mesh glove fetish and how it has led to a fingerless glove craze, or how I was really stoked on my Micheal Jackson-wearing-a-yellow-sweater spiral bound notebook when I was six...

Instead, how about these Obi Belts? So what do you think? This one here has hand-dyed pink lambskin leather (Sorry, little lambie), a gorgeous unfinished cotton and vintage mod daisy fabric from the 60's that hailed from Australia.
They can be worn low on the hips too. Which is probably the way I shold wear it seeing as I have no waist or boobs.
Sigh.
But, the Japanese in me is forcing me into the traditional placement. I'm crazy like that.

I'll be listing them on Etsy soon. As soon as I get my butt in gear and finish the other seven that are half done.

And yes, I'm working on many, many animal friendly ones out of acrylic, wool, cotton, linen an silk.

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. We are heartbroken over here about Michael Jackson. :( I made a CD for my daughter's 4th birthday that had a bunch of his tracks on it. Namely, "Ben". SOB We've been listening to it nonstop.

    ReplyDelete